Thursday 8 November 2012

Tri-hexaflexagon

Last night we made hexaflexagons, specifically tri-hexaflexagons. They are a bit confusing, but it works out in the end. A flexagon is a paper hexagon that has three sides (or faces), one side is inside the other two and you show it by squishing it together and opening it from the top (this is called flexing). Warning: try to do it before glueing to make sure you have it right.

Today I am bringing them into school to show my teacher. Maybe the whole class can do them sometime. Click on the links to learn how to make them:
 I suggest we do the three color one, before the six color one (me and my dad did the Hexa-hexaflexagons and it was tricky).

Watch this video AFTER you make one because she talks really fast and can mix you up. Bit it is still a good video and you should watch it.

 
 
She can even make a burrito flexagon. Watch.

6 comments:

  1. That word sounds like it could be used in a song. It is very musical. Really creative art works, Gabby. Well done!

    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this Gabby writing it or Kayren?

    Also that first video blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell her what to write and she writes it. Sometimes I write it down in a book and mom writes it down on the computer.

      -- a note from Kayren: I edit the spelling and punctuation, everything else is Gabby's.

      Delete
  3. Hi Gabby,
    I have a 1 songs I would like you to post
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tajhs_FdT98
    -Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gabby,
    I made one the hex-a-what ever there called,Tehy work relly well!

    -Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SAID IT 10 TIMES FAST!!! Like a boss.

    ReplyDelete